Before he became a self employed consultant in Organizational Development, Philippe had a career within Philips. After his Ph.D. in physics, he joined Philips Research in The Netherlands as a research scientist and moved subsequently to the corporate world (international B2B and SME settings) where he occupied different positions such as Project Manager in R&D, Product and Process Improvement Manager in Operations, International Marketing and Sales Manager and finally Business Excellence Manager. In this last role, Philippe was in charge of ensuring the quality of the organizational performance (business process re-engineering, Continuous Improvement etc.)
In 2002, he took a 2 year postgraduate study ‘Consulting in Groups and Organizations’ (CIGO – UHasselt/KULeuven/CASE Western in Cleveland, OHIO). Since then he mastered the skill of a process consultant facilitating complex processes in ‘living systems’ of any kind.
Philippe is a self employed OD consultant since 2003. Given his education in Physics and postgraduate programs in social and psychological sciences, Philippe offers a dual approach. He covers both the so called ‘soft’ and ‘hard’ aspects With the ‘hard’ aspects we refer to all structural aspects, processes, positions, organizational chart, etc. All those elements that can be written on paper. ? With the so-called ‘soft’ aspects, we refer to the more intangible aspects of any living system. Those elements which are hidden in a culture, often unspoken, ‘under the table’. Both matter and are often linked. Choosing only one is artificial.
Philippe is married with Ingrid and father of Emilien, Magalie and Gertjan and foster parent of Cef.
Customers characterize Philippe as:
• Combines logics and psycho-logics in a unique way. Balancing the hard and soft aspects
• Critical on content, gentle on people
• Profoundly engaged and enthusiast
• Calm and with humor
• Surprisingly clear in complex environments
• Strategic vision
• Licensed Insights Practitioner since 2006 (www.insights.com)
• Certified coach on Appreciative Inquiry, especially for large group interventions
• Multiparty projects in tough environments
• Executive coaching for senior managers and high potentials
• Conflict handling in teams